In your role as a family caregiver, you will use a wide variety of tools and resources that will help you manage these needs and fulfill your responsibilities.
One of the most important is time management. Your time is limited and being a family caregiver can make your schedule extremely busy. This is especially true if you are also caring for your children, managing your household, maintaining your career, and keeping up with other personal responsibilities. Effectively managing your time is essential to efficiency and success in what you do in all aspects of your life.
Some reasons time management is an important aspect of being a family caregiver:
- Effective time management enables you to create a schedule that fits all your responsibilities comfortably, reducing stress.
- This schedule also enables you to set aside time to relax and focus on your own needs as well.
- Managing your time ensures you put the proper effort into each task so they are completed with the highest quality. This gives you the results each task deserves without over-extending you.
- Time management allows you to be honest about your limitations so you can seek out support and help when needed. Seeing areas of your schedule that are too busy lets you lean on others, such as a home care provider, to fulfill your senior’s needs while you focus on other aspects of your life as well.
- When your time is properly managed and your schedule under control, you are able to adjust for emergencies or unexpected situations. If you know the time you need for your tasks and stay on track, you can more easily adapt to changes and remain flexible while fulfilling what you need to do as much as possible.
Home care can be one of the best resources you have available to you as a family caregiver.
The highly personalized services of an in-home senior care services provider are specifically designed to help your loved one manage their needs and challenges on a schedule that is right not just for them, but also for you and the care you give. This means your parent can increase their independence and control over their own life, and you can experience less stress and greater freedom in your daily schedule, while both of you can be confident they can stay safe, healthy, and comfortable as they age in place.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering Homecare in Troy, MI, please contact the caring staff at Alliance Senior Care today. Call (248) 274-2170.
Alliance Senior Care provides all the services that a senior would need to remain in their own home, housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, bathing, dressing, shopping, errands and transportation to activities, as well as care coordination and Geriatric Care Management Services. Alliance Senior Care has expertise in providing dementia care, Alzheimer's care, hospice care, identifying alternative financing solutions and care coordination. Alliance Senior Care has developed relationships with the largest Long Term Care Insurance companies in the industry including; John Hancock, Lincoln Financial, Bankers Life, CNA and others. Dina has a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Indiana University. She left her career in corporate Finance to start Alliance Senior Care with her husband, Brian. Dina has also had the very personal experience of caring for her own family members. She is an active member of the Aging Life Care Association.
Latest posts by Dina Zubi Hurnevich (see all)
- Alliance Senior Care ~ Caregiver of The Month! - May 23, 2019
- Does Your Parent Eat These Diabetes Superfoods? - May 22, 2019
- Alliance Senior Care’s~ Birthdays and Anniversaries - May 22, 2019