Once older adults have gone to the hospital or rehabilitation center, returning home can be overwhelming. They may have been away from home for several weeks or even months. It is likely they are weaker a result of injury, illness or surgery than when they left.
Older Adults sometimes get a false sense of security because they were functioning very well in a medically supervised setting. When considering how well your loved one will transition home, take these factors into account that home:
- They may not be able to access certain parts of their home due to stairs or steps.
- Doorways are oftentimes not wide enough to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs.
- The carpet or rugs make using a walker or wheelchair difficult and dangerous.
- Grab bars are not available around the bathroom.
- Care is not available 24 hours a day. Your loved one may not need care all of the time, but may need assistance with more challenging tasks, like dressing and bathing.
- Making meals can be challenging and require a lot of planning and preparation.
- They may not understand all of the medication changes that were made.
All of these factors can make returning home overwhelming and dangerous.
The Transition’s Care Package is specifically designed to assist the clients returning home. Client’s initially receive the highest level of care and then care tapers off as the client adjusts to their surroundings. The Transition’s Care package also includes a home assessment to recommend modifications or equipment that will support the safe transition.
To schedule your safe transition home, call the experts at Alliance Senior Care at (248)274-2170.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering Home Care in Bloomfield Hills, MI, please contact the caring staff at Alliance Senior Care today.
Call (248) 274-2170.
Alliance Senior Care provides all the services that a senior would need to remain in their own home, housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, bathing, dressing, shopping, errands and transportation to activities, as well as care coordination and Geriatric Care Management Services. Alliance Senior Care has expertise in providing dementia care, Alzheimer's care, hospice care, identifying alternative financing solutions and care coordination. Alliance Senior Care has developed relationships with the largest Long Term Care Insurance companies in the industry including; John Hancock, Lincoln Financial, Bankers Life, CNA and others. Dina has a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Indiana University. She left her career in corporate Finance to start Alliance Senior Care with her husband, Brian. Dina has also had the very personal experience of caring for her own family members. She is an active member of the Aging Life Care Association.
Latest posts by Dina Zubi Hurnevich (see all)
- Do You Need to Worry About Falls? - October 12, 2019
- CARING FOR A SPOUSE –NAVIGATING THE AGING JOURNEY TOGETHER - October 10, 2019
- Eye Issues and the Elderly - October 7, 2019