Now that you have determined that you are looking to hire a Home Care Agency, how do you choose one?
Below are some questions to ask when choosing a Home Care Agency:
1. Does the provider cover the area that your loved one is located?
2. How long has the agency been in business?
3. Is the Agency Insured and Bonded?
4. Do they carry Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance?
5. Are their employees W2 employees or just contractors?
6. Do they screen their employees?
a. Do they check criminal backgrounds?
b. Do they do reference checks?
c. Do they check driving records of their employees?
7. Do they provide training for their employees?
8. Do they supervise the caregiver staff and provide quality assurance?
9. How are their employees assigned to clients?
10. Do they introduce the caregivers to the clients prior to their assigned shifts?
11. Do they complete Assessments on their clients?
12. Will they involve the family and other members of the loved ones support structure in determining the care plan?
13. What is the process of communication between the caregiver staff, the office and the family?
14. Do they provide daily documentation?
15. Do they charge to complete the initial assessment?
16. Do they prepare and maintain a written care plan for the client?
17. Do they provide services that my loved one needs?
18. Do they have specialized programs that meet the care needs of my loved ones?
19. What are the after-hours /emergency procedures? Do they always have someone on call? Can you get a hold of anyone?
20. Are their caregivers available 24/7?
21. Will they provide a replacement caregiver if my assigned staff member is not available to work?
22. Will they assist us with obtaining reimbursement from long term care insurance policies?
If you cannot answer yes to ALL of these questions about your current home care provider, call Alliance Senior Care at (248)274-2170.
If you or an aging loved-one are considering Home Care in Bloomfield Hills, MI, please contact the caring staff at Alliance Senior Care today. Call (248) 274-2170.
Alliance Senior Care provides all the services that a senior would need to remain in their own home, housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, bathing, dressing, shopping, errands and transportation to activities, as well as care coordination and Geriatric Care Management Services. Alliance Senior Care has expertise in providing dementia care, Alzheimer's care, hospice care, identifying alternative financing solutions and care coordination. Alliance Senior Care has developed relationships with the largest Long Term Care Insurance companies in the industry including; John Hancock, Lincoln Financial, Bankers Life, CNA and others. Dina has a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Indiana University. She left her career in corporate Finance to start Alliance Senior Care with her husband, Brian. Dina has also had the very personal experience of caring for her own family members. She is an active member of the Aging Life Care Association.
Latest posts by Dina Zubi Hurnevich (see all)
- How to Ensure a Safe Discharge …from the Hospital or Rehabilitation Center - August 14, 2019
- The Wellness Formula For Those Living with Chronic Diseases - August 14, 2019
- What to Do About Aggression in Alzheimer’s - August 7, 2019