Long Term Care Insurance was designed to help individuals cover the skyrocketing cost of care while they are alive and aging. If used correctly this can an effective way to ensure that you and your loved ones are cared according to their plans and wishes.
- Long Term Care Insurance will pay for in-home care, assisted living communities and nursing home facilities.
- The amount of coverage is dependent upon how the policy is written. Some policies cover different amounts depending on the type of care that is being providing.
- Long Term Care Insurance Policies may also cover home modifications; hand rails, ramps, stair lifts etc.)
- Some policies will cover Geriatric Care Management Services
- Each policy differs in how much it will pay per day, week, month or an insured’s lifetime
Using Your Long Term Care Benefits
- Most policies are reimbursement based, which means that they will reimburse you actual costs incurred
- You must file a claim AND meet the policy’s requirements for care in order to begin having benefits reimbursements
- Most policies require that the insured’s need assistance with 2 out of 5 Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s).
- Some policies have automated approvals for special conditions
What if your claim in denied?
- If your claim is denied you may want to consult with a Geriatric Care Manager in your area to have them assess your care needs and to determine if it makes sense to file an appeal
- A Geriatric Care Manager can assist you understanding your situation and how best to move forward
Are you having difficulty getting your expenses reimbursed, even after your claim was approved?
- The process of submitting invoices to get reimbursed from your insurance company requires compliance to a number of different requirements.
- It can be a very time consuming, lengthy and frustrated process, while at the same time you are out of pocket for these expenses.
- Call Alliance Senior Care to work with an expert, let us handle the details.
At Alliance Senior Care we understand that the process of filing a claim, getting approved and then submitting invoices for reimbursement can be overwhelming, especially to someone who is needing care or assisting in their parents care. That is why we walk our clients through every step of the process.
Call for a free review of your long-term care policy (248) 274-2170]]>
Alliance Senior Care provides all the services that a senior would need to remain in their own home, housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, bathing, dressing, shopping, errands and transportation to activities, as well as care coordination and Geriatric Care Management Services. Alliance Senior Care has expertise in providing dementia care, Alzheimer's care, hospice care, identifying alternative financing solutions and care coordination. Alliance Senior Care has developed relationships with the largest Long Term Care Insurance companies in the industry including; John Hancock, Lincoln Financial, Bankers Life, CNA and others. Dina has a BBA from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Indiana University. She left her career in corporate Finance to start Alliance Senior Care with her husband, Brian. Dina has also had the very personal experience of caring for her own family members. She is an active member of the Aging Life Care Association.
Latest posts by Dina Zubi Hurnevich (see all)
- What Does Time Management Have to Do with Being a Family Caregiver? - April 17, 2019
- Can Your Senior Reduce the Impact of Heart Disease? - April 4, 2019
- April 2019 Celebrations for Alliance Senior Care - April 1, 2019